(Chocolate and Olive Oil Mousse)
Yield: 8 to 10 servings
- 11 ounces 60- percent- cacao bittersweet chocolate
- 8 large eggs, separated
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ cup extra- virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons kosher- for-Passover brandy
- Melt the chocolate over low heat in the top of a double boiler. Cool slightly.
- Beat the egg yolks in an electric mixer with ½ cup of the sugar until light. Whisk in the olive oil, brandy, and melted chocolate.
- Beat the egg whites in the clean bowl of an electric mixer until soft peaks form.
- Then beat in the remaining ¼ cup sugar, continuing until stiff peaks form.
- Fold the whipped egg whites into the chocolate mixture, gently continuing to fold until no streaks of white remain.
Cover and refrigerate for 24 hours before serving.