- 2 slices of plain matzo
- mozzarella cheese (the fresher the better, but pre-shredded works fine)
- parmesan cheese
- desert magic cherry tomato spread (or another marinara sauce if you prefer)
- Negev Nectars olive oil
1. Pre-Heat oven or toaster oven to 350 degrees.
2. Separately, lay out on the counter a baking tray or sheet covered with aluminum foil
3. Place first slice of matzo onto aluminum foil, and sprinkle a layer of shredded or grated mozzarella cheese on top (enough to cover the entire slice of matzo when melted but not so much that it oozes out from between the slices
4. Place second slice of matzo on top of the matzo and cheese, so that you have matzo, then a layer of mozarella cheese, then matzo.
5. Spread a thin even layer of desert magic cherry tomato spread on top of the second slice of matzo -- enough to cover the entire slice but don't over-do it
6. Generously sprinkle shredded or grated mozarella cheese on top of the tomato spread
7. Sprinkle some grated parmesan and drizzle olive oil (to taste)
8. Put entire cheesy, matzo stack into toaster/oven for 5-10 minutes, until cheese is fully melted
9. Take it out of the oven, cut into quarters (a pizza slicer works great if you have one), let cool for a minute, then enjoy!
Visual of the stack:
Mozzarella, Parmesan, Olive Oil